Head Chef – £40,000 to 45,000 per annum, depending on experience
Plus Tronc (unknown)
New opening – Riverside restaurant – Exciting opportunity!
Location, The Boathouse Café, Guildford, Surrey
We are looking for a Head Chef for our new opening, located in Guildford, in an idyllic setting overlooking the River Wey. This exciting new restaurant will focus on local produce, served simply, well executed and at its seasonal best. The restaurant will have 40 covers inside overlooking the river, with outdoor seated areas as well on the riverbank.
This is a great opportunity for someone to be part of the new opening and make it their own! To create menus and develop the food concept. To help build the team around them and create somewhere special, to visit local suppliers to gain inspiration and connections on what’s on offer, and bring those suppliers on board with us to our dishes
This role is for a chef with DRIVE and CREATIVITY – and one that has a vision to work with and lead the team to help create the place to be in the heart of Guildford
As Head Chef, you will be in full control of the kitchen brigade. Your role would assume staff training, hiring, health & safety, kitchen admin, implementing and the procurement of new menus & costing’s, responsible for kitchen finances, ensuring that the GP is met. You will have at least 3 years’ experience as senior sous or head chef with a strong solid background in a quality fresh food environment. Be an excellent team leader and with the ability to motivate your team and work well under pressure.
- You would have good team management skills, which would include, training, recruitment and developing staff, time management and good working As a leader you will demonstrate and develop a great “people culture”.
- Proven credentials in meeting GP targets
- Developing and implementing new menus and dishes with costings and allergen sheets
- Maintain high standards and quality of food offering and execution
- To help maintain Kitchen labour expenditure and costs
- Managing all Health and safety procedures in line with company policy and maintaining records, arrange COSHH training as required
- Proactively respond to Food Safety Audits
- Responsible for food purchasing, finding suppliers and kitchen Rota’s and maintaining S.O.P’s
- Carry out regular stock takes for all food items
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is creative and passionate, that is dedicated, proactive and reliable, must have a passion for quality and good working ethics with a solid background and knowledge of seasonal and fresh produce, to join us
We are actively looking for the right candidate and open minded individual to join our team and we would love to hear from you, If the above role sounds like the one for you.
Please send your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would love to have a chat.
Due to the large amount of applications we expect to receive, we can only responded to successful applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview.
Eligibility: In line with the requirements of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.